About Zoom Recruitment
Zoom Recruitment is a national recruitment company specializing in Permanent and Temporary Placements from entry-level roles through to senior executive-level appointments. We are proud to partner with a variety of businesses from within the Construction, Energy & Infrastructure, Transport, Warehousing & Logistics, Engineering, Manufacturing and Freight forwarding sectors.
About the role
Our client is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Project Engineer to join our team. As a Project Engineer, you will play a key role in assisting with the planning, programming, and delivery of a wide range of civil engineering projects including Tier one upgrades.
You will work closely with the Project Manager to ensure projects are executed within budget, meet contractual requirements, and are managed efficiently and safely.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Implement and adhere to the Project Quality Plan and Occupational Health and Safety Plan for all on-site activities.
- Allocate adequate resources to implement the Integrated Management System and Occupational Health and Safety Plans.
- Assist in the preparation and adherence to Safe Work Method Statements for construction site activities.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and handle negotiations related to variations and credits.
- Conduct induction and training for all personnel, including subcontractors, on-site.
- Ensure project completion in terms of safety, time, and budgetary limits while meeting client and legal requirements.
- Ensure availability of required plant, material, and labor for successful project turnover.
- Cost, document, approve, and invoice variations, credits, and delay costs in a timely manner.
- Maintain and manage plant and equipment, addressing faults promptly.
- Research and interpret standard specifications and construction methods for civil construction projects.
- Collaborate with the project team to determine effective construction methodologies, materials, and quality assurance requirements.
- Prepare data records for potential claims and assist in project program development and monitoring.
- Maintain accurate project costs and provide monthly reports.
- Prepare engineering estimates and commercial documents for procurement.
- Coordinate NATA accredited pavement testing and analyze results.
- Implement quality control systems, prepare inspection test plans, and conduct quality assurance inspections.
- Foster positive client relationships.
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent key stake holder engagement skills
- Valid Australian driver’s license, preferably inclusive of a truck license.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the civil construction industry.
- Knowledge of construction regulations, best practices, and safety standards.
- Familiarity with Australian construction specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in numerical literacy and calculations.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and scheduling software, and project management tools.
- Capacity to work autonomously with limited supervision.
This is a company that is experiencing growth and has an excellent reputation in the Civil industry. You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, fully maintained company vehicle + tools of the trade, scope for advancement and supportive leadership.
If interested, please apply now or call Danielle for a confidential conversation on 0484 238 895.
- Expanding Civil Construction company based in Geelong
- Utilise your stake holder engagement skills and work with Tier 1 Civil Contrac
- Up to 160k + Super + Fully Maintained Company Vehicle + tools of the trade
Civil / Structural / Design,Engineering