Zoom Recruitment are partnering with the Australian arm of a leading and long-established global organisation which are a manufacturer and distributor of a range of specialist and bespoke equipment which is employed across a wide range of industry sectors including Mining, Construction, Defence, Emergency Services, Energy, Chemical, Freight and Manufacturing.
Currently an opportunity has become available for a Company Accountant within their head office located in the Penrith area of Western Sydney. This position will see you reporting directly to the Managing Director and taking ownership of the businesses financial function providing strong end-to-end financial reporting and analysis. You will play a pivotal role within the company by way of:
- Overseeing a small team of AP/AR staff
- Prepare & review month end accounts
- Managing tax compliance
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting
- Balance sheet and bank reconciliations, BAS, Payroll tax and other statutory lodgements
- General ad hoc financial reporting
- Assist in the implementation of a new ERP system over the next 6-12 months.
- Partnering with various senior internal stakeholders within the organisation.
- Identify and implement improvements to company procedures
- Post all journals – payroll, accruals & prepayments etc ensuring all entries are balanced & reconciled to supporting schedules
- Analyse Monthly State P&L’s and review with State Managers
- Process payroll and make associated payments (PAYG, Super etc.)
- Assist with annual audits
- Australian recognised Tertiary Accounting qualifications
- CA / CPA qualified (Or working towards it)
- minimum 3 years previous accounting experience
- Previous accounting experience within the manufacturing and/or distribution industries is well regarded
- Previous experience working with an accounting ERP system
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Advanced MS Office and IT skills
- An ability to establish and foster effective relationships with reports and senior key stakeholders
- A self-motivated and proactive work ethic
- A collaborative and enthusiastic approach
- A strong eye for detail and accuracy
Junior Accountants who meet the criteria who are looking to move up into a role carrying a higher level of responsibility will also be considered.
- A permanent opportunity with a long establsihed, successful and growing organisation with a national and global presence
- Opportunity to own the financial function of the business in Australia
- Scope for progression for the right candidate
- Attractive remuneration package
- Friendly company culture and excellent working conditions
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- On site parking
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please forward your resume in the first instance by following the prompts or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more please call Adam on 02 8834 1500
ONLY AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS NEED APPLY
- Specialist equipment manufacturer
- Australian arm of a global organisation
- Western Sydney based position.
Accountant - Financial,Accounting