Zoom Recruitment are partnering with a leading ASX listed energy infrastructure business which manage and operate a diverse portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets across Australia. Currently, this organisation delivers approximately half of the nation’s natural gas usage through its extensive pipeline networks and connects Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through their electricity transmission assets. They are also proud to be one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
An opportunity currently exists for an experienced Customer Service Officer within the company’s Business Support Services division. Located at Eagle Farm in North Brisbane, this role will see you providing the first point of customer contact for the company nationally within a strong team based environment. Initially a 12 month fixed term position, opportunities for permancy exist for the right person
- Respond to telephone, email, business-to-business and web enquiries relating to the availability and connection of natural gas to new and existing residential, industrial and commercial properties
- Facilitate and coordinate the connection process for new and existing residential properties.
- Responsible for communicating with internal & external stakeholders to facilitate the gas connection process within the required timeframe.
- Establish and develop rapport with external stakeholders
- Cross-sell the use of natural gas for multiple appliances to maximise the connected load growth on the relevant Networks.
- Identifying & escalating priority issues to ensure the customers’ needs are met.
- Transferring “reception” calls to the relevant employee.
- Taking action on and seeking resolutions to issues resulting from customer enquiries
- Processing new customer connections
- Recording enquiries received through the Customer Contact Centre to provide statistical and benchmarking reports.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional, prompt and efficient manner, or escalate where required.
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a positive contributor within a team environment
- Undertake special projects and tasks as directed by leader
- Minimum 2-3 years prior experience in an inbound customer service or call centre environment
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone
- Effective problem-solving abilities
- Sound organisational and judgement skills with a strong attention to detail
- Adaptability, resilience and an ability to tolerate stress
- The ability to handle difficult customer behaviours in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask and maintain focus on call centre KPI’s
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of new systems & processes
- Prior Experience in a utilities / petroleum or Gas Industry while not essential is an advantage
This organisation possesses a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture that rewards and celebrates courage, accountability and nimbleness. An equal opportunity employer, their focus is the safety and sustainability of their people, community and the environment while embracing the diversity in their people to ensure their workforce is representative of the communities that they operate in.
Sound like your kind of role?
If you possess the required skills and experience and would like the opportunity to make an impact with this leading company, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts.
Only applicants with current Australian work rights will be considered.
- Leading Energy Infrastructure provider
- 12 mth fixed term with a view to permanency
- Northern Brisbane based position
Call Centre - Inbound,Call Centre & Customer Service