About the company
This award winning Global Freight Forwarder based in the Inner North/West Suburbs of Melbourne are looking for an experienced Licensed Customs Broker. – Positions available in MELB / SYD/ SA / BRIS
About the job
The main responsibilities of the role is to help maintain business relationships and provide a high quality advice regarding customs regulations, tariff advice and general customs and quarantine requirements to Customers.
- Lodge high volume of customs entries on a daily basis
- Provide mentor and training to Customs team, junior or less experienced Customs Brokers within the team.
- Communicate frequently with Departmental Managers regarding Customs and Operations related matters
- Support the team and help maintain a high quality of service to internal and external stakeholders
- Relief the Customs Manager with support the team, in their absence
- Co-operate with Border Force and Quarantine personnel when they are on site
- Training and workflow allocation to the team.
Skills and experience
The right candidate will need to demonstrate a strong background in Customs Brokerage within Australia, and is seen as a more senior member of their Customs department. Supervisory experience is advantageous. This role will suit someone who is looking to work back into an office environment – Position is based in the office 5 days per week. Flexibility offered when or if required.
To apply please submit a copy of your current resume in Word Format for consideration and a confidential conversation and phone screen.
Freight Forwarding / Shipping,Transport / Logistics / Drivers