Zoom Recruitment have partnered with a leading ASX listed energy infrastructure business which manage and operate a diverse portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets nationally. Currently, they deliver approximately half of the nation’s natural gas usage and connect several states through their electricity transmission assets. They are also proud to be one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
With a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture that rewards and celebrates courage, accountability and nimbleness, they are a recognised equal opportunity employer, with a focus on the safety and sustainability of their people, the community and the environment. They embrace diversity in their people to ensure their workforce is representative of the communities that they operate in.
The core function of this role will be to provide mechanical design and piping drafting services along with giving assistance and guidance to the broader drafting team.
- Preparation of preliminary designs, 3D models, drawing packages, and associated documentation, for concept and tender
- Support of the Mechanical and Piping Engineers with development of design; 3D models, drawings, and associated deliverables
- Preparation of detailed design, 3D models, drawing packages, and associated deliverables, for construction, installation and commissioning
- Production of as-built 3D models and drawings to enable field technicians to perform maintenance, checks and repairs to plant over the asset lifecycle
- Ensure design activities are undertaken to the appropriate Australian and International Standards, the company’s health, safety and environment requirements, internal standards and procedures and all relevant regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Be assigned to lead role on specific projects and act as the liaison between the internal customers and the drafting team to ensure they receive service in a timely manner
- Support PEM, Design Engineers and Drafting team on design projects
- Collaborate with construction teams and provide modifications as and when necessary
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel with regards to drafting and design tasks
- Develop a detailed understanding of all stakeholders, their interests in the project and levels of support
- Tertiary qualification in an engineering related discipline or trade
- Additional qualification(s) in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) from an accredited tertiary provider
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) 2D/3D and software packages
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the field of mechanical, piping and structural drafting
- Skilled in 3D plant and piping design modelling using database driven tools
- Experience of carrying out relevant process plant drawings
- Knowledge of the application and requirement of associated relevant codes and standards
- Thorough understanding of, and competency with, standard design and drafting practices
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Preferred but not essential:
- Knowledge with AutoCAD, Plant 3D and associated Autodesk packages such as Infraworks, Navisworks, Inventor etc.
- Excellent understanding of relevant mechanical and piping codes, including AS 2885, ASME B31.3, AS4041
- Experience in similar position within the Oil & Gas Industry
Some of the benefits of joining this leading organisation include:
- Hybrid working from home arrangements
- Work–life balance
- Highly collaborative and supportive work environment
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Access to career development programs
- Numerous employee benefits and wellbeing programs
Sound like your kind of role?
If you possess the required skills and experience and would like the opportunity to make an impact with this leading company, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH PERMANENT AUSTRALIAN RESIDENCY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- ASX listed energy Infrastructure provider
- Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide based position
- Permanent full-time position