Zoom Recruitment is partnering with a leading Australian energy infrastructure provider which own, manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. They currently deliver approximately half of the country’s natural gas to end users and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through their investments in electricity transmission assets. They are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Their operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and they employ more than 1900 people. Their vision is to be a world class provider of energy solutions.
We now have an exciting full-time opportunity available for an Engineering Team Lead to join this companies Major Projects team. Reporting to the Manager of Engineering Design, this position can be based in either Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide and will see you play a key role in providing leadership and guidance to a team of Mechanical Engineers located across 3 states and ensure that engineering and design tasks are progressing in line with approved schedules and budget.
- Provide day-to-day supervision for the team and take responsibility for the provision of the project deliverables
- Develop and implement standard design and engineering processes
- Responsible for resource, scheduling and workload management for the team together with Engineering Planner/Scheduler
- Estimating, planning control and project progress measurement
- Leadership, development, and motivation of technical staff working with each team member to create, implement and monitor individual development plans.
- Setting clear expectations and providing ongoing mentoring, coaching and support to the team members
- Implementation of
- Ensure compliance with all relevant industry and authority codes and standards and company procedures and systems.
- Provide safety leadership within the team, in the office, on site and in design.
- Working effectively with internal and external project stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery
- Australian recognised Mechanical Engineering qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years industry related experience preferably within the Oil and Gas energy sector
- Sound knowledge of the engineering design of LPG storage and distribution networks (Highly preferred)
- Possess a sound knowledge of Acts, Standards and Codes of Practise relavent to the Gas Supply Industry
- Hands-on experience in estimating / planning and control of engineering and design services
- Well developed leadership skills with the ability to provide mentoring, training, guidance and performance management to ensure individual and team motivation and productivity
- An approachable, empathetic and respectful approach
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong customer and results focus
- Ability to adhere to changing priorities as required to maintain operations
- A generous remuneration package comprising of base + Super and additional incentives
- An equal opportunity employer, our client embraces diversity in their people to ensure their workforce is representative of the communities that they operate in.
- Other benefits of working for this organisation include access to targeted career development programs, numerous employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Does this sound like your kind of role?
If you possess the required skills and experience and would like the opportunity to make an impact with this leading company, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts or for further information please call Adam Galloway on 02 8834 1500
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
- Leading Energy Infrastructure provider
- Develop and lead Engineering team
- Based in Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide