Zoom Recruitment are working with the Australian division of a long-established global organisation which are a leader in the specialist manufacture and distribution of a range of high quality bespoke equipment used across a range of industry sectors including Mining, Construction, Defence, Emergency Services, Energy, Chemical, Freight and Manufacturing.
Due to continued growth, a newly created position now exists for an Inspection & Testing Officer based at their purpose-built manufacturing facility located at their Western Sydney based facility.
Reporting to the National Technical & Product Development Manager, this is a hands-on and varied position which will see you carrying out quality control and testing of materials and finished equipment to ensure that Australian industry standards and accreditations are adhered to and maintained.
In-house and external training will be provided on machinery, procedures and standards to the successful candidate, including Rigging and Dogman tickets, NATA and Australian Standards training and Lifting Equipment Engineers Association.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in the use of hand tools
- A good eye for detail and accuracy
- An investigative aptitude and an interest in ‘how things work’
- Previous experience in and an understanding of QA processes
- The ability to develop knowledge in the use of test beds and drop tower.
- A willingness to undertake relevant training to succeed and grow in the role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy and data entry skills
- Forklift and Drivers license
- Demonstrated reliability in meeting deadlines and commitments
- Carry out Inspection of returned and equipment including lifting, lashing and height safety equipment.
- Provide reports for Customer Service department.
- Test incoming raw materials (buckles, connectors webbing)
- Test incoming finished goods (Harnesses, lanyards, ratchets and synthetic slings)
- Test locally manufactured harnesses, lanyards, and pole straps
- Proof test locally manufactured flat and round slings
- Issue test certificates (NATA and non-NATA)
- Eventually carry out inspection, testing and issuing test certificates for customers chain slings, wire rope slings, synthetic slings, and fittings.
- Upload test results to data base.
- Develop excellent working relationships with internal / external stakeholders
- Review systems, policies and practices to ensure continuous improvement and to ensure best practice.
This is a permanent full-time position offering stability, interesting and varied responsibilities, a dynamic and supportive work culture and management team. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
If this position is of interest and you meet the above criteria, please forward your resume in the first instance by following the prompts or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
to find out more please call Adam on 02 8834 1500
- Specialist Australian Manufacturer
- Testing and Quality focus
- Penrith area location