About the Company:
Our client is one of Australia’s fully vertically integrated steel manufacturers, specializing in recycling, manufacturing, and distributing steel long products. Their company spans the entire production process from scrap metal recycling to downstream distribution and they are looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join their team at their Laverton, Melbourne facility.
As the Maintenance Manager, you will plan and coordinate the activities of the Maintenance Team. You will oversee approximately 25 people, including four direct reports (Supervisors and one Maintenance Planner), comprising of trades.
You must be either trade or degree qualified in Engineering and have people management experience. Additionally, you must understand manufacturing and production from a maintenance perspective, have strong stakeholder engagement skills (internal and external), monitor, and manage cost expenditure, and be operationally very strong, able to put necessary structure and process in place to run efficiently. You must also have good MS Office skills and be comfortable working to an EBA.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will:
- Plan and coordinate the activities of the Maintenance Team and support maintenance issues across the state.
- Oversee approximately 25 people, including four direct reports (Supervisors and one Maintenance Planner), comprising of trades.
- Monitor and manage cost expenditure.
- Be operationally very strong and able to put necessary structure and process in place to run efficiently.
- Leadership and guidance for the maintenance team.
- Ensure safety standards and regulations are always adhered to.
- Continuous improvement by way of reviewing, refining, and improving efficiencies within the Maintenance team.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and production from a maintenance perspective.
- Trade or degree qualification, ideally in a mechanical discipline
- Previous experience in Maintenance or Production manufacturing environments, ideally in a Maintenance Management role.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to coach, mentor and performance manage individuals.
- Sound organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement ability with Internal and external contacts.
Reasons to Apply:
This is a national company that is stable and continuing to grow. On offer to successful candidate is:
- Supportive leadership
- Competitive salary
- Scope for career development
- Australian owned
If you meet the requirements above and want to be part of a dynamic and growing team, please apply now or call Danielle Coulton for a confidential discussion on 0484 238 895
- Plan and coordinate the activities of the Maintenance team
- Oversee and manage a team of 25 Trades including 4 Supervisors
- Achieve operational excellence and ensure a safe work environment