Zoom Recruitment are partnering with the Australian arm of a long-established global organisation which are a leader in the manufacture and distribution of a range of specialist and bespoke high tensile equipment used across a range of industry sectors including Mining, Construction, Defence, Emergency Services, Energy, Chemical, Freight and Manufacturing.
Based in their Western Sydney facility, the position of Manufacturing Manager will see you reporting to the Managing Director and playing a pivotal role in the business, responsible for all aspects of the local manufacturing operations from raw materials to finished product, You will ensure adherence to budgets, quality and efficiencies and manage lead times to meet the expectations of their diverse national customer base
You will have the added benefit of receiving a handover and ongoing support from the incumbent who is moving to another position within the business.
You will establish production targets motivate and coach staff to meet these, manage and control budgets and identify and implement improvements to existing processes and systems.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Leading the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing and warehouse function
- Overseeing approximately
- Managing day to day labour productivity to ensure that production targets are achieved
- Managing production planning, costs and minimising waste.
- Ensure that safe work practises and procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring accuracy of inventory and inventory management
- Working collaboratively with the management team
- Assess and recommend the training and development requirements of the team.
- Be aware and up to date with tracking progress, cost, expenditure,
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and /or training in Manufacturing (Highly regrded)
- Minimum 5 years experience, in managing a medium sized manufacturing facility
- A mature and professional approach to your role
- A working knowledge of WH&S procedures and best practise
- Understanding of LEAN and 5s for process improvement (Highly regarded)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to lead, engage, coach and motivate staff
- An ability to forge relationships companies internal stakeholders
- A collaborative management style with the ability to establish clear expectations
- Prior experience managing lead times and targets
- Ability to track production and inventory using ERP system
- A strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Previous experience working with textiles, fabrics or materials while not essential would be highly regarded.
A competitive salary based on experience is on offer to attract and secure suitably experienced applicants. If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please forward your resume in the first instance by following the prompts or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more please call Adam on 02 8834 1500
ONLY AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS NEED APPLY
- Specialist high tensile equipment manufacturer
- Australian arm of a global organisation
- Western Sydney based position.
Management / Supervisor,Manufacturing