Zoom Recruitment is a national recruitment company specialising in Permanent and Temporary Placements from entry level roles through to senior executive level appointments. We are proud to partner with a variety of businesses from within the Construction, Energy & Infrastructure, Transport, Warehousing & Logistics, Engineering, Manufacturing and Freight forwarding sectors.
Zoom Recruitment is partnering with a leading Australian energy infrastructure company which own, manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. They currently deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through their investments in electricity transmission assets. They are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Their operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and they employ more than 1900 people. Their vision is to be a world class provider of energy solutions.
We now have an exciting position available for an Operations Support & Commissioning Engineer to join this company’s Brisbane based operations in a permanent full-time position. Reporting to the Manager of Operations Support and Commissioning, this role will see you implementing industry best practice while providing technical support to internal operational teams and stakeholders to ensure that commissioning and handover of new or upgraded assets is performed in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Provide first line technical support to Operations and Capital Delivery departments with high standard customer service and accountability.
- Develop and implement industry best practice for reliability centred maintenance.
- Prepare commissioning procedures for new or upgraded assets or decommissioning procedures.
- Seek improved new methods and innovative ideas to ensure the safe and cost effective delivery of tasks/projects
- Implementation of industry best practice strategies for Operations Support and Commissioning
- Frequent Liaison with Operations and Capital delivery teams including other Engineers, Project Managers and Supervisors to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Oversee management of change process for new, upgrades or decommissioning assets.
- Ensure compliance with APA policies and procedures, regulatory obligations and relevant codes and standards
- Monitor and assess key performance indicators associated with maintenance activities (for example)
- Identify and escalate risks associated with the network distribution assets
- Report and investigate HSE and operational incidents
- Qualifications in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Engineering experience in operations and commissioning / decommissioning
- Previous recent Australian work history
- Extensive experience in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of gas distribution and transmission assets which may
include gas processing or conditioning plants, CSG facilities,
pipelines, compressor stations, metering stations, or LNG plant
- Detailed knowledge of gas network and associated infrastructure
- Able to design construction and maintenance policies, procedures and practices
- Solid knowledge and understanding, interpretation and application of national, industry Codes of Practice, Standards, Acts and legislation relevant to the gas distribution/transmission industry
- Experience managing risk and providing high level technical guidance and governance to achieve safe outcomes
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) (preferred).
- Accountability and sound judgement
- A competitive remuneration package
- PPE and use of vehicle provided for site visits
- Hybrid office / work from home
- Access to targeted career development programs, numerous employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
- Stable ongoing career development with an equal opportunity employer who embraces diversity in their people to ensure their workforce is representative of the communities that they operate in.
Sound like a role you’d be interested in?
If you possess the required skills and experience and would like the opportunity to make an impact with this leading company, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts or for further information please call Adam Galloway on 02 8834 1500
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
- ASX listed Energy Infrastructure provider
- Operational support and project commissioning focus
- Brisbane based location
Chemical & Process,Engineering