Zoom Recruitment is a national recruitment company specializing in Permanent and Temporary Placements from entry-level roles through to senior executive-level appointments. We are proud to partner with a variety of businesses from within the Construction, Energy & Infrastructure, Transport, Warehousing & Logistics, Engineering, Manufacturing and Freight forwarding sectors.
About our client
Our client is a publicly listed business that delivers approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connects Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through their electricity transmission assets. They are also proud to be one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
About the Role
This is a newly created and exciting position for a Procurement Lead with expertise in power projects to join a dynamic team. As the Procurement Lead – Power, you will be responsible for the ongoing development of the power supplier and subcontractor base, as well as delivering project procurement for capital growth projects. In time, you will lead a small national team of procurement specialists and you will play a crucial role in ensuring the success of the power projects.
Reporting the Manager- Infrastructure Procurement, you will:
- Develop and enhance existing supplier and subcontractor base for power and renewable growth projects.
- Lead the development of sourcing strategies for power projects in the development stage.
- Manage packages from the request for tender (RFT) preparation to contract negotiation, governance, and award.
- Provide functional and procurement services to support project managers, ensuring on-time, on-budget, and high-quality project outcomes.
- Drive sourcing, negotiation of variations, changes, claims, disputes, and amendments, and contract management to optimize project benefits and manage risks.
- Contribute to the development and execution of procurement strategies, policies, and procedures to maximize efficiencies.
- Support planning frameworks, procedures, systems, and tools, and utilize the company’s ERP System to align with the function and business unit strategy.
- Identify and manage procurement risks, staying updated on industry trends and external drivers.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including executives and general managers.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives, adopting innovative technologies and processes to enhance procurement performance.
To succeed in this challenging and dynamic role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in power project procurement is essential.
- Ability to lead and manage teams.
- Strong knowledge of sourcing strategies and contract management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle competing stakeholder demands and manage packages across multiple projects.
- Familiarity with procurement procedures and systems.
- Strong relationship-building skills with stakeholders at various levels.
- Proactive approach to risk management and problem-solving.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
Reason to Apply
Here are a few reasons:
- Exciting growth industry (Renewables) and publicly listed company.
- Career growth opportunities
- Highly attractive salary package + 10% yearly bonus component
- Supportive and knowledgeable team
- Work from home 3 days per week and 2 in the office located in Brisbane’s CBD
To learn more about this opportunity, please call Danielle Coulton for a confidential conversation on 0484 238 895 or submit an application now.
- Must have Procurement experience working on Power Projects- Wind, EDL Solar.
- Publicly listed Company offering excellent base salary + 10% yearly bonus.
- Career opportunities with flexibility to work from home 3 days per week
Mining / Oil & Gas / Utilities,Utilities