Zoom Recruitment have partnered with a leading ASX listed energy infrastructure business which manage and operate a diverse portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Currently, this organisation delivers approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connects Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through their electricity transmission assets. They are also proud to be one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
Reporting to the Project Manager, thie role of Project Engineer will see you responsible for co-ordinating project technical activities, to assist in the delivery of project team goals and targets across a range of projects associated with the growth of the company’s distribution assets across the Melbourne metro area. This includes preparation of estimates, reports, scopes of work, plans, procedures, and delivery of gas mains renewals projects.
- Providing support to the mains renewals program to ensure projects are delivered to scope, on schedule and within budget
- Ensure compliance with projects quality requirements, statutory regulations, applicable standards, client requirements and company processes and procedures.
- Providing project execution support to the company’s internal crews
- Interfacing with other engineering disciplines and project delivery teams
- Interfacing with external development consultants and contractors
- Attending sites and use experience and knowledge to contribute to various risk-based assessments and engineering studies and design reviews.
- Review and approval of invoices to validate contractor claims.
- Conduct audits to ensure contractor compliance to the mains and services contract.
- Provide Leadership and Project controls during construction and commissioning.
- Assist in the engagement and performance monitoring of contractors.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken to the appropriate Australian and International Standards, Company safety requirements and internal standards and procedures and all relevant state and federal legislative requirements.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Construction
- Previous experience within utility, project and/or operational management.
- Strong understanding of economic principles, tender evaluation & contract management.
- Experience in the responsibility for budgets, personnel and operational decisions.
- Successful change management skills.
- Able to make sound operational decisions under pressure and capable of managing others within such environments (including emergency situations)
- Ability to act independently on most decisions/issues but recognises when decisions need to be referred to senior management
- Decisive, structured in approach & calm under pressure.
- Strong understanding of work processes & procedures with prime focus on safety.
- Well-developed interpersonal & communication skills in managing direct reports, internal & external stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills to develop compelling business cases and strong computer literacy skills.
Some of the benefits of joining this leading organisation include stable ongoing employment, competitive remuneration, access to future career development programs and use of pool vehicle for site visits.
This business possesses a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture that rewards and celebrates courage, accountability and nimbleness.
Sound like your kind of role?
If you possess the required skills and experience and would like the opportunity to make an impact with this leading company, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts or for further information please call Adam Galloway on 02 8834 1500
Only applicants with current Australian work rights will be considered.
- Leading ASX listed energy Infrastructure provider
- Melbourne metro area-based role
- 12-month fixed term
Civil / Structural / Design,Engineering