Zoom Recruitment have partnered with a leading ASX listed energy infrastructure company which manage and operate a diverse portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Currently, this organisation delivers approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connects Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through their electricity transmission assets. They are also proud to be one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
Reporting to the Victorian State Manager, this role will see the successful applicant responsible for the co-ordination of Gas Infratsructure project activities across the Melbourne Metro area and play a key role in the delivery of project team goals and targets across a range of projects associated with the company’s gas distribution assets. Direct reports include Project Engineers, Site Supervision teams, Site staff and Contractors.
- Manage the day-to-day performance of Contractors and provide leadership and direction to ensure the successful delivery of project works and business outcomes
- Deliver projects safely within Safeguard protocols targeting zero harm for staff and contractors.
- Manage project scope and variation approval process as required.
- maintain high levels of on-site presence to manage and influence the performance of contractors to achieve industry leading standards of customer service, productivity and safety
- Ensure compliance with all applicable operational codes and standards relating to employee and community safety and protection of the environment by managing gas distribution activities
- Contribute to the shaping of effective strategies and activity plans to drive Capex/Opex efficiency, Network growth and support project delivery for the Business Unit
- Provide the leadership and management required to implement National Networks decisions and mandates within the team.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship between the company and key external parties to maximise mutual benefit.
- Ensure that monthly project performance reports are produced as required and actions are carried out in accordance with established practice and timeframes, setting out key risks, issues, schedule slippages, budget performance, etc.
- Manage budgets and control project costs as per internal governance requirements.
- Ensure community and stakeholder relations, planning and approvals to meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously which are of different complexity and at different phases of the project lifecycle.
- Navigating and liaising with both internal and external key stakeholders for key project phases such as scope development and approvals.
- Maintaining high levels of contractor engagement and collaboration.
- Managing multiple contractors and principle contractors liaison
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications – Bachelor’s Degree
- Diploma/Certification in project management from recognised institution such as PMI, PRINCE2 or AIPM etc
- ICAM investigations and incident analysis (preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management methodologies and tools.
- At least 10 years utility project and operational management experience
- Construction and engineering experience across a range of small & large capital projects from conception to completion.
- Contractor management experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Strategic thinker able to structure & prioritise a program of works including resourcing strategies to optimise production & spend.
- Strong track record of delivering results, using operational efficiency and commercial acumen to effectively implement the business strategy.
- Strong understanding of economic principles tender evaluation & contract management.
- High degree of business acumen, able to prepare detailed business reports.
- Well-developed communication, customer service and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing skills and strong computer literacy skills to use/develop data analytic, project management and MS-Office tools.
Some of the benefits of joining this leading organisation include:
- Ongoing stable employment
- Competitive remuneration + Scope for 10% Bonus
- Access to future career development programs
- Tool of trade vehicle.
This business possesses a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture that rewards and celebrates courage, accountability and nimbleness.
Sound like your kind of role?
If you possess the required skills and experience and would like the opportunity to make an impact with this leading company, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts or for further information please call Adam Galloway on 02 8834 1500
Only applicants with permanent Australian residency will be considered.
- Leading energy Infrastructure provider
- Permanent full-time position
- Melbourne metro-based role
Building & Construction,Project Management