Are you an experienced trader? Do you have a proven track record of driving down costs and negotiating with suppliers while maintaining excellent relationships? We have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Purchasing Manager.
Zoom Recruitment is a national recruitment company specializing in Permanent and Temporary Placements from entry-level roles through to senior executive-level appointments. We are proud to partner with a variety of businesses from within the Construction, Energy & Infrastructure, Transport, Warehousing & Logistics, Engineering, Manufacturing and Freight forwarding sectors.
About the company
Our client based in Cavan, South Australia, is a leading player in the steel industry, specializing in structural steel products. They are committed to providing top-quality products to their customers while maintaining cost-efficiency and sustainability. As a Purchasing Manager, you will play a vital role in our success and growth.
About the Role
As the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for managing and controlling the purchasing of stock for our steel products, overseeing stock for customer orders, and ensuring accurate stock figures. Your role will involve building strong relationships with local and international suppliers, negotiating pricing, and sourcing materials, and placing purchase orders.
Reporting to the General Manager, your key Responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and control purchasing of stock for the steel division.
- Oversee stock for customer ordered material.
- Maintain accurate stock figures and records.
- Build and foster relationships with suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing and source materials to drive down costs.
- Place purchase orders and review their receipts.
- Work closely with the sales team to forecast and order correct stock requirements.
- Coordinate annual stock takes.
- Utilize strong negotiating and cost-cutting approaches.
- Demonstrate a track record of reducing costs.
- Maintain excellent commercial acumen and organization skills.
- Be self-driven and resilient in a high-pressure environment.
To be successful in this role, you must be a competent trader and excellent negotiator with a solid track record in driving down costs.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience as a trader in a similar role
- Expertise in bartering and driving down costs.
- Strong negotiation skills and a track record of cost reduction
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers.
- A desire and aptitude to learn about the steel industry- primarily structural steel.
- Highly organized and commercially savvy
- Self-driven and resilient
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a truly exciting opportunity for an experienced trader to make a significant contribution to the success of this company.
Your results and cost savings will be recognized and rewarded.
On offer is a competitive salary, fully maintained company vehicle, lucrative bonus eligibility after a qualifying period, great team environment and so much more.
Get in touch with Danielle Coulton for a confidential conversation on 0484 238 895 or apply now. All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
- Are you an experienced Trader?
- Must have a track record at strong negotiations and bartering
- Structural Steel- be part of Australia’s largest privately owned company
Manufacturing,Purchasing / Procurement