Zoom Recruitment is a national recruitment company specializing in Permanent and Temporary Placements from entry level roles through to senior executive level appointments.
We are proud to partner with a variety of businesses from within the Construction, Energy & Infrastructure, Transport, Warehousing & Logistics, Engineering and Manufacturing sectors.
About our client
Our client is proud to be a fully owned and operated Australian Manufacturer of boat trailers.
They are seeking a motivated Purchasing Manager to join their team, situated in the South-eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
As a Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for managing the procurement process, maintaining inventory levels, and building relationships with local and international suppliers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in purchasing, excellent communication, and negotiation skills.
About The role:
In this key role, you will:
- Ensure purchase orders are placed on time and stock levels are effectively managed.
- Ensure product received complies with standards.
- Maintain and communicate out-of-stock lists and minimum stock levels.
- Maintain accuracy of key supplier and inventory information in the SAP system
- Provide information to support purchasing, inventory, and new product initiatives.
- Place regular standard orders with all suppliers
- Request quotations, follow up ETAs with suppliers, and receipt of goods.
- Assist in investigations and correct stock discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with suppliers, Local and International.
- Ensure any warranty returns are tracked, replaced, or resupplied to customers in a timely manner, whilst dealing with suppliers on these issues.
- Assist in the management of annual stock takes.
- Track all overseas incoming goods with the relevant shipping agencies.
You are not content with spending your entire workday behind a computer. Instead, you are someone who thrives on actively engaging with staff on the floor, leveraging your analytical skills to ensure efficient inventory management.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience working in a similar role from within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written.
- Demonstrated history of liaising and negotiating with suppliers.
- Proven ability of sourcing new product/componentry.
- Experience with SAP or Bill Of materials is highly advantageous.
If you are self-motivated, with a passion for purchasing and inventory management, please submit your application now or to find out more, please call Danielle Coulton at Zoom Recruitment on 0484 238 895
- Utilise your supplier negotiation skills (Local & International)
- Must have excellent communications skills- Verbal & Written
- Permanent role offering long term stability
Manufacturing,Purchasing / Procurement