About the Company
Our client, located in Keysborough, offer innovative ideas and solutions in various markets including, flexible and ridge packaging and general consumer goods as well as many more.
They are currently looking for a self – managed Sales Specialist to build new customer relationships as well maintain and retain a healthy portfolio of existing customer accounts.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Area Sales Manager, the position requirements involve the following:
- Lead new sales & business development to achieve agreed sales growth and profit targets, in line with the overall objectives and strategies of the business.
- Plan and implement promotional activities to bring before end users the benefits of incorporating materials in their products.
- Develop opportunities for profitable sales growth through the introduction of new products and/or existing ones into new markets
- To expand the current customer base in the Australian / New Zealand markets to grow sales volume and profitability
- Prepare sales budgets and strategies for target customers.
- Prepare sales forecasts in a timely manner
- Achieve sales targets in terms of sales value, volume, GP% and revenue.
- Assist and support other members of the Sales Team, as required.
- Actively and passively collect information about competitors and key customers.
- Develop and advise management of the marketing strategies, including promotional and technical support required achieving sales development targets.
- Ensure that all products are sold at selling prices which are compatible with the profit objectives of the business.
- Manage specific designated projects assigned.
- Keep abreast of market trends through personal visitation with customers and occasional attendance at industry association meetings and seminars.
- Ensure customer complaints are followed up promptly and that a satisfactory solution from both the customer’s viewpoint is obtained.
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Manager to help ensure the financial success of the company.
- Use CRM system to record customer related archive OHS & EHS
- To work and behave with due care for the consideration of the environment, the health and safety of yourself and to ensure that all reporting staff observe safe work practices with supervision and instruction when necessary.
- To take corrective action to combat unsafe practices or conditions whenever they arise and, as far as is possible, to anticipate and prevent hazards before they arise.
- To observe and promote any company rules designed to ensure safety and prevent damage to the environment.
- Understand the Quality System and support its implementation and improvement throughout
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects (CIP)
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in technical or industrial sales and or marketing highly preferred
- Five plus years of commercial sales/business development experience
- Experience selling to the B2B (e-biz) market
- Tertiary qualification in a technical or business related discipline (Degree or Diploma)
- High degree of computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office software
- Good understanding of ER”P and “Rm systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of success in sales
- Must possess a dynamic, positive and focused attitude with the will to succeed
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, punctual, reliable and resourceful
- Must be a team player with professional approach to internal and external customers
- Communication, openness, clarity and integrity
- Ability to make quick, rational decisions
- Commitment to agreed targets and change
- Comfortable in celebrating success and pride in achievement
- Willing to bring about change and improvement
This position requires some interstate travel, and 60% of the time will be spent on the road, visiting local customers. The position offers a fully maintained vehicle as well as a generous commission structure.
Apply by submitting your current word formatted CV for consideration.
Sales & Account Management,Sales Executive / BDM