Our client designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
Due to growth and expansion, they are seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Project Engineer to support Rail Upgrade projects in regional SA.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- To provide engineering, technical, quality support as delegated by the Project Manager and Operations Manager
- Develop strategic alliances with suppliers and
- Take collective responsibility (with the management
team) for development and review of initiatives /
plans. and implementation to support the Rail
- Support the identification, development and delivery
of opportunities for growth
- Plan, coordinate and administer construction Plan, coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with time, budget and quality requirements
- Effectively manage and monitor construction performance and progress
- Prepare scope of works, estimates and quotes.
- Oversee project work methods and performance and
implement corrective actions for efficient utilisation of
plant and labour.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience in a similar position
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in the rail industry
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience with developing and managing project
- Project planning skills /management skills
- Experienced and able to prepare and analyse tenders and estimates
- Demonstrable and successful experience in a business / project operations management role gained at similar level
- Demonstrated ability in proactively build relationships with key stakeholders
and develop new business opportunities
- Ability to implement an effective and empowered organisational structure
- Strong experience in developing tender documentation.
- Solid time management and planning skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of WH&S, and employee relations legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your style to gain engagement and understanding
The successful person will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary with scope for advancement
- An opportunity to make a genuine difference and to be valued and treated with respect.
- An opportunity to advance your career in this challenging role for a major ASX listed company
To find out more about this opportunity or for a confidential discussion, please call Danielle Coulton on 0484 238 895.
- Melbourne or Adelaide based Permanent role paying Circa 180k Negotiable
- Site based role with travel, accommodation and site based allowances
- Senior Leadership position- Tier 2 Company