Zoom Recruitment are partnering with the leading provider of integrated services, with a strong focus on designing, building, and sustaining assets, infrastructure and facilities across Australia and New Zealand.
About the Role
Due to growth and expansion, they are seeking to appoint experienced Senior Project Engineers to support Road and Rail Upgrade projects in regional SA and across Victoria, on a 10/4 Roster, FIFO from Adelaide or Melbourne.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- To provide engineering, technical, and quality support as delegated by the Project Manager and Operations Manager
- Develop strategic alliances with suppliers and
- Take collective responsibility (with the management
team) for the development and review of initiatives /
plans and implementation to support the Rail
- Support the identification, development, and delivery
of opportunities for growth
- Plan, coordinate and administer construction Plan, coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with time, budget, and quality requirements
- Effectively manage and monitor construction performance and progress
- Prepare scope of works, estimates, and quotes.
- Oversee project work methods and performance and
implement corrective actions for efficient utilisation of
plant and labour.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Engineering degree or qualification
- Extensive experience in a similar position
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in rail or roads
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience with developing and managing project
- Project planning skills /management skills
- Experienced and able to prepare and analyse tenders and estimates
- Demonstrable and successful experience in a business/project operations management role gained at a similar level
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships with key stakeholders
and develop new business opportunities
- Ability to implement an effective and empowered organisational structure
- Strong experience in developing tender documentation.
- Solid time management and planning skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of WH&S, and employee relations legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your style to gain engagement and understanding
The successful person will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary with genuine scope for advancement
- An opportunity to make a difference and to be valued and treated with respect.
- Ongoing opportunities across new and existing projects
To find out more about this opportunity or for a confidential discussion, please call Michelle Sawtell on 0456 000 250.
- Melbourne or Adelaide based Permanent role paying Circa 180k Negotiable
- FIFO – Adelaide or Melbourne 10/ 4 roster
- Senior Leadership position- Tier 2 Company opportunity for career progression