Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Building Materials. They have multiple production facilities and a global footprint, including an extensive distribution network.
They produce high quality products, through a constant strive for innovation and best work practices.
They are currently looking to appoint a Shift Team Leader to work rotating
12- hr shift.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this role ensures the efficient running of the production plant, whilst maintaining a safe & healthy work environment as well as the development and management of the personnel on shift.
The main responsibility include;
- lead, develop and manage a team of skilled production operators
- maintain compliance with all HSE Regulations
- maintain a safe workplace that focuses on minimizing risk and encourages process improvement attitudes
This position will suit someone who enjoys a challenge, and, who can influence change management in a professional and constructive way.
The successful person must have;
- experience leading a team within a production environment
- a strong background in LEAN Manufacturing principles
- previous involvement in workplace occupational health and safety, including but not limited to investigations and corrective action.
- the ability to monitor plant performance and review for corrective action
- experience manage production and labour costs
- experience dealing with conflict resolution
- the ability to demonstrate a positive demeanor and promote a team focused culture that is aligned to the company’s values and targets.
- experience in EBA negotiations, and working alongside Unions, and other external stakeholders to promote best practices and a consultative workplace.
In return you will be working for an organisation that places safety and people as their first priority. They promote strong team values and consists of a management team that is both supportive and “hands on”.
Please submit a copy of your most recent resume i Word format, to apply for immediate consideration.
- Port Melbourne Location
- Competitive Remuneration Pkg
- Global Manufacturer Building Materials.
Management / Supervisor,Manufacturing