Zoom Recruitment have partnered with a leading ASX listed energy infrastructure business which manage and operate a diverse portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Currently, this organisation delivers approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connects Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through their electricity transmission assets. They are also proud to be one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
Currently an opportunity exists for an experienced Storeperson – Leading Hand to support and assist at one of the company’s key distribution and storage facilities located in Dandenong South, Victoria. Reporting to the Supply Chain and Inventory Team Lead, this role will see you providing general logistics support and assist with inventory management and purchasing for the organisation’s transmission and power infrastructure assets.
- Delivering reliable day-to-day logistics services including activities associated with inventory, stock takes, purchasing, materials handling & packaging, warehousing and transport coordination.
- Monitor and maintaining of stock levels, administering purchase orders, expediting outstanding purchase orders and arranging transport of materials.
- Maintaining data in the computerised system (Maximo) that is accurate and current for the main warehouse and remote stores.
- Maintaining main warehouse function and having oversight of remote satellite stores facilities
- Identifiction and escalation of any issues effecting supply chain
- Develop effective and positive working relationships with internal customers and external suppliers ensuring that customer needs are met and/or exceeded.
- Comply with business processes, systems, and policies.
In order to succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar warehousing / logistics role.
- Qualifications in supply chain and/or logistics (Preferred)
- Current Forklift Licence (Essential)
- knowledge of inventory, warehouse, logistics and purchasing practices
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn company product codes and terminology quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish excellent working relationship with internal and external stakeholders including transport contractors
- Ability to work autonomously and able to prioritise workloads.
- Working knowledge and experience with computer systems including Maximo and Oracle, MS Word / Excel
This business possesses a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture that rewards and celebrates courage, accountability and nimbleness. An equal opportunity employer, their focus is the safety and sustainability of their people, community and the environment while embracing the diversity in their people to ensure their workforce is representative of the communities that they operate in.
If you possess the required skills and experience and are interested in this opportunity to make a determined and positive impact with this leading company, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts
Only applicants with current Australian work rights will be considered.
- 4-6 Month casual position
- 7.30am – 4pm Monday to Friday
- Dandenong South location
Transport / Logistics / Drivers,Warehouse & Distribution