Our client designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
Due to growth and expansion, they are seeking to appoint an experienced Superintendent to support infrastructure projects in Victoria.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities for this role include:
- To provide day to day management and supervision of the site based workforce and carry out engineering and management duties as delegated.
- Select project personnel, allocate work, monitor progress, and have overall responsibility for ensuring that required functions are carried out effectively
- Undertake site surveys and scoping for multi-disciplined track works
- Assistance with the scheduling and planning of projects within approved budgets.
- Investigation and assistance with engineering technical issues
- Provide financial control assistance to allow accurate cost reporting.
- The handling and resolution of queries from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Manage all administration of the workforce, including, but not limited to, certification of competencies, leave, pay issues and PPE.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate Track Safe Working Certification & / or ability to obtain
- This position must be medically fit to perform rail maintenance duties and is classified as a Level One (1) High Level Safety Critical Worker under the National Railway Health Assessment Guidelines.
- Experience of track, signalling and overhead wiring construction.
- Prior programming and planning experience of track works.
- Supervisory experience of track activities.
- Management of large work forces on and off site
- Understanding and ability to interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Ability to use initiative and prioritise workload.
- Relationship builder who can communicate at all levels
- Team Focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The successful person will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary
- An opportunity to make a genuine difference and to be valued and treated with respect.
- An opportunity to advance your career in this challenging role for a major ASX listed company
To find out more about this opportunity or for a confidential discussion, please call Danielle Coulton on 0484 238 895.
- Melbourne based Permanent role paying Circa 240k Negotiable
- Leadership position- Tier 2 Company
- Opportunity to advance your career with a major ASX listed company
Building & Construction,Other