Zoom Recruitment have partnered with the Australian arm of a leading global organisation which is the world’s largest producer of a range of innovative products and diverse power solutions including small engines for outdoor equipment, generators, energy storage systems and an array of outdoor related products through its various business divisions. This organisation currently designs, manufactures, distributes and services operations in more than 100 countries.
A new opportunity currently exists within their Moorabbin based facility for a Supply Chain Coordinator in a full-time position. This position will see you primarily responsible for liaising effectively between manufacturing, warehousing and distribution to ensure the efficient and timely scheduling of materials and commitments and working with logistics partners to ensure the timely delivery of in and outbound shipments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Source and procure materials from vendors
- Obtains quotations, place and follows-up on orders
- Generate, confirm and expedite purchase orders
- Review and verify purchase order invoices from suppliers for price, quantity and discount accuracy by using established formulas and performing calculations
- Correspond with vendors regarding quotations and current status of purchase orders
- Maintains records, files, catalogs, price lists, delivery information and inventories for current and potential suppliers
- Maintains inventory turns, fill rates, backorder dollar objectives and resolves supplier issues
- Works with logistics partners providers and internal customers on continuous improvement processes to optimize shipments, scheduling and order processing
- Focus on cost reduction and service improvements
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics or a related field (Ideal but not essential)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in purchasing or a Supply Chain related position
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of the buying / purchasing function
- Strong Working knowledge of manufacturing, distribution, inventory, and quality procedures and management programs and systems
- Excellent understanding of transportation and logistics
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interface with diverse groups
- Well-developed knowledge of ERP systems like SAP
- Ability to meet deadlines, organize and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fluent in English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a can-do attitude
- Flexibility to work from home 2 days per week
- Competitive remuneration negotiable on experience
- Employee Engagement Events
- Free Annual Flu Shot
- Excellent working conditions – brand new facility
- Continuous Learning and Development Opportunities
If you would like to express your interest in this current opportunity with a leading global equipment manufacturer and provider, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts or call Adam on 02 8834 1500 for more information.
- Leading global organisation
- Flexible WFH condiitions!
- South Eastern Melbourne location
Supply Chain - Other,Transport / Logistics / Drivers