Zoom Recruitment are partnering with the leading provider of logistics services in the world which specialise in providing a range of transportation services in over 20 countries and employs over 400,000 people worldwide.
A permanent full-time position currently exists for a Transport Supervisor, located at their Western Melbourne based transport facility which will see you play a key role in the transport operation and accountable for the safe, secure and efficient operation of company assets and driver resources to deliver on customer requirements in line with agreed standards, policies and all relevant legislation and guidelines.
Reporting to the relevant shift Transport Manager, you will utilise your knowledge and experience to manage and overcome daily challenges, make key decisions and ensure that transport operations are running efficiently and smoothly within a fast-paced environment. You will be aided by mentoring and training from day one and the latest technology.
- Possess a minimum 3 years of relevant Transport Supervisory experience ideally in a 3PL environment
- Exposure to working within a large logistics fleet operation
- Extensive knowledge of freight transport operations and logistics
- Load restraint knowledge and an understanding of vehicle legal weight and weight distribution
- Understanding of working with Dangerous Goods
- In depth knowledge of the Melbourne metro & surrounding areas
- Strong time management and organisation skills with a strong eye for detail
- Strong leadership, influencing and organisational skills
- Well-developed verbal & written English communication skills
- MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work an ongoing Day shift
- Ongoing Dayshift – hours of 5am to 1pm – Monday to Friday
- Market based remuneration plus achievable bonus
- Initial training period and ongoing mentoring and development
- Long-term stability and opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
- Excellent work culture, environment and facilities
- Work / life balance
- On-site parking
- Numerous staff benefits
Applicants must have permanent Australian Residency and be willing to undergo a National Police background check, Pre-employment Medical and drug screening.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a world leader in the logistics sector and possess the required experience to succeed in this role, we would love to hear from you…
Apply Now by following the prompts or alternatively forward your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opportunity to join the world’s leading logistics company
- Permanent day position
- Melbourne Western Suburbs
Operations,Transport / Logistics / Drivers