About the company
Do you want to work for an organization and feel as though your efforts are helping those in need to lead a healthy quality of life? If you have ever considered working for a social enterprise the provides choices for people living with a disability or other personal needs, then this is an opportunity just for you!!
We have partnered with Independence Australia to source suitable talent for their amazing teams.
With a fully integrated warehouse facilities across the county, they are currently looking for a talented and experience Warehouse Supervisor to run the day to day warehouse operations. Where there’s no Manager on site, you will be required to lead a small team of store people that all contribute to the prompt and efficient distribution of all their customers orders.
About the job
Your responsibility but to limited to include:
- Communicate with customers (internal and external) and ensure that customer service and quality measures are followed.
- Supervise the daily workflow in all areas to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
- Assist the Warehouse Manager with the Coordination of product suppliers and freight service providers.
- Identify improvement opportunities, providing practical solutions and implementing those changes.
- Work in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager and other key Office personnel to facilitate efficient Warehouse operations.
- Assist the Warehouse Manager with KPI monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure employee coaching and development to support the improvement of staff
- Ensure responsibility for compiling, assessing and monitoring information for the Key Warehouse Performance Indicators.
- Review, daily, actual and target performance levels and provide comments on variances.
- Achieve On-time in full delivery % as per KPI.
- Completion of weekly OHS, Forklift and Racking checklists
- Manage daily work activities to ensure staff allocation is effective to meet priorities;
- Address performance issues with operational staff and escalate, if need be
- Demonstrate a proactive and flexible hands-on approach;
- Assist with the selection process for new staff to ensure vacancies are always filled;
- Assist with the Development of training plans to meet the desired outcomes of training and multi skilling initiatives and conduct training as required;
- Co-ordinate and participate in annual performance reviews for the Warehouse team.
- Train staff in the use of the computerized systems to conduct activities;
- Utilize computerized systems to monitor operational performance;
- Identify and recommend improvements to business and computer-based systems;
- Implement business and technology-based improvements.
- Participate in operational development projects as directed for business continuity and sustenance
- Comply with safety procedures and practices
- Participate in regular safety checks, including fire drills and contribute to the evaluation and review of such procedures.
- Attend training provided or organised by Independence Australia to ensure compliance with OHS requirements.
- Assist the Management auditing, reporting and corrective action processes
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Qualifications in Warehouse Operations, Logistics, management or equivalent or willingness to undergo training to obtain the same;
- Experience in Reach driving with a valid forklift license within FMCG storage and distribution
- Experience in full range of retail & warehouse operations, freight systems and supporting technologies;
- Commitment to the principles, policies and implementation of OH&S and Quality Standards;
- A self- starter with excellent communication skills and a pro- active approach
- Strong people leadership skills and a desire to coach and develop staff
- Proven and extensive track record in warehouse technology-based operations;
- Ability to develop and prepare KPI based reports and analysis;
- Experience with contemporary management and logistics technology and practices;
- PC skills and experience including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to use related business & management support systems;
- Confident under pressure with a capacity to deal effectively with multiple tasks and competing demands and meet deadlines.
You will be apart of a passionate and friendly team that love what they do but most of all,- a company that fosters team efforts at the same time rewards and encourages careers and self development. If this sounds like you please submit your resume for consideration. Resume should be in Word format.
- $70k pa plus super plus OT
- Independence Australia – Footscray VIC Warehouse Facility
- Salary Sacrifice available
Transport / Logistics / Drivers,Warehouse & Distribution