Zoom Recruitment is a national recruitment company specialising in Permanent and Temporary Placements from entry level roles through to senior executive level appointments. We are proud to partner with a variety of businesses from within the Construction, Energy & Infrastructure, Transport, Warehousing & Logistics, Engineering, Manufacturing and Freight forwarding sectors.
Zoom Recruitment are partnering with a highly reputable retailer which has provided quality products, service and advice to tradespeople, builders and serious home renovators for over 60 years. With locations throughout Sydney, they are currently seeking to appoint a number of key staff at their brand new facility located in Sydney’s Northern Suburbs lat Terrey Hills.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to provide assistance to customers directly, completing sales transactions and ensuring the accurate and safe movement of products within the yard, store or warehouse. This will suit a person with a good knowledge of plumbing and /or building materials such as concrete, timber or steel.
- Assist with customer enquireies on the phone or face-to-face
- Perform material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, loading and unloading;
- Operates point of sale (POS) system to transact sales;
- Assists in maintaining warehouse equipment;
- Operating a forklift;
- Rotating yard stock and notify appropriate supervisor when minimum stock levels are reached;
- Handle inbound material receiving and allocation to a yard, store, or warehouse location;
- Accurately loads vehicles for outgoing deliveries;
- Reports all damage and/or loss of stock;
- Build product knowledge;
- Co-operates with other departments and work locations to fulfil customer orders
- Previous hands on background in either the Plumbing or Steel/Concrete industries (Essential)
- Customer service experience i
- Forklift driving experience (highly desired)
- Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong Team-player;
- Minimum of one year experience in a warehouse/yard position (Desirable, but not essential)
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions.
- Physical environment – office, warehouse, stores;
- Ability to ;lift up to 25kgs
- Flexibility to work Tuesday to Saturday
- Competitive above industry remuneration
- Career progression opportunities
- Coaching and training programs to develop you
- Sales training to enhance your performance
- Reward and recognition programs
- Staff discounts
- Work / life balance
- Opportunity to join a successful and expanding service provider to the Building industry
To express your interest in this opportunity, please ‘Apply Now’ by following the prompts or call Adam on 8834 1500 for more information.
- Full-time position offering development opportunities
- Above Industry remuneration
- Northern Sydney Suburbs
Transport / Logistics / Drivers,Warehouse & Distribution